To Our Catholic Education Community
The Faith Based School managers and I are currently engaged in a robust dialogue with Ministry of Education regarding OMRS
We seek your prayers and support.
1. Fiji Council of Churches meeting - raised concern over appoint of school heads to faith based schools
2. Archbishop and a group of Faith based academics wrote a communication letter to the MOE
3. Communique Letter was sent to the ministry of education
4. Permanent Secretary of Education called a meeting with Faith Based schools to discuss OMRSS.
PS assured that she would follow through with the following
- closer partnership with Faith Based Schools
- commitment to closer consultation with Faith Based School management
- that MOE will pay close attention and sensitivity to the unique culture and religious tradition and school head appointments.
- PS will continue to have regular meetings with Faith Based School managers & stakeholders
5. We will continue to dialogue with MOE.
Thank you for you prayers and support
Archbishop Peter Chong